Monday, April 29, 2013

"Where's Waldo?"


Que tal Familia Verde?
Well it's true, I'm back in Spanish Work!! I'm super excited and even though it took a couple days to get used to speaking Spanish I'm almost back to normal. Before I forget, my address is 136 Willowdale Dr. #31 Frederick, MD 21702. Me and Elder Knudsen have hit it right off, like I knew we would. We're like the same person sometimes. He's from Utah to answer your question. We live in an apartment with two other Spanish missionaries, but me and Elder Knudsen only see them at night really, we're pretty busy. I sleep on a bunk bed (top bunk, just like old times). We have a brand new car also, a 2013 Subaru Legacy that we use bluetooth with our phone, it's so sweet. This area we play soccer almost every week too. Oh and I'm going to get fat here, the members love us and give us enough food to feed a family! Thanks for the letters, I really enjoyed reading about your weeks and I'm glad we beat Gilbert.
I really liked those quotes Dad. It made me realize how Volleyball can be a lot like the mission (not in all aspects but some). One thing I've learned is that if you get discouraged, mad, upset, sad, or depressed about the work, how many lessons you taught, or who didn't come to church, it never ends up good. Attitude is so key. It's good to want to improve and to work harder. But if we are always down on ourselves for the "losses" we usually don't enjoy the "wins" or even recognize them.
Alright well I'll start with a funny story. Sacrament meeting starts and there are a couple kids making noises. I look to my left and there is a 2 year old kid in a stroller. He had a "Where's Waldo?" book. As the Sacrament started he started to turn the pages and say Butt... Face... Butt... Face.... Turning the page every time. (Spanish kids usually know English, so ya know) I was trying real hard to focus but it was so loud. As he got to the end he yelled,"Where's Waldo?!" Then his mom took him out... Hahah
We had some super sweet miracles this week! So we're working with this woman named M.P. She is a mother of four and is interested in the church. She just hasn't come to church yet! So we decided to do a tour with her last second right before her Zumba class. We met up with her and her member friend at the church. We got there before them and we realized that we didn't have a key to the church! We were kicking ourselves when a member walks up with a key! Just walking around the church with a church key... Miracle! Then M. got there with her friend. As we start to walk in we realize that we need a male to come with us to do a church tour with two women... We were kicking ourselves again. (in our behalf we set this up a half hour before we did it) But then out of nowhere the 1st counselor comes up in his car! So awesome! We guided M. through the church and she really felt the spirit in the chapel. Also her son H. saw the gym and was so excited. He came to soccer on Friday with some of his other non member friends. Miracles!
So on a sad note, M. used her agency incorrectly and didn't come to church. So we were looking around and we didnt have anyone at church. Me and Elder Knudsen were then approached by Hna C., whose son had brought to non-members to church!! Their names are C. and I. They are brothers and both around 13-14. They want to be baptized!! Such a cool blessing. Me and Elder Knudsen are so excited for this transfer.
Well it's been a crazy week but it's been a ton of fun. I will be sure to take some pictures and send them soon. I hope you all have a good week, I'll keep you in my prayers.
Con amor,
Elder Greene

No comments:

Post a Comment