Monday, April 8, 2013

Someone Here We Need To Teach


Hey Family!
 
Hopefully you are all found in good health and darker skin. It's just starting to become Spring out here on the east coast and it is fantastic. Me and Elder Fast played some "Reflections of Christ" out our car with the windows down as we drove through Baltimore this morning. It's definitely better than whatever they are playing on the radio that other people blast in their cars. This week was full of adventure, and miracles. My new PDM came on Saturday and when I tested I was 163 (Oh ye of little faith mom...) (Mom's note: Zach had to call us because his meter that controls his pump wasn't testing his blood sugar for about 4 days!!! Our prescription mail order service had changed and he needed to get the new info... And yes Mom was worried!) . Conference this weekend was sweet! We watched it in the church building on a projector. I wrote some questions and had all of them answered. My favorite talks were probably President Uchtdorf's, President Eyring's, and Elder Holland's.
 
So this week we were struggling to teach and so come Friday me and Elder Fast were ready to just have an amazing day. First thing we went to try by a less active. We knocked his door. Nothing. I turned to head to the car to drive to the next person we were going to try. But Elder Fast said, "There is someone here we need to teach." I looked around and saw a door at the end of the street. We went and knocked it. Out came a slightly familiar man who invited us right in, despite being in a night gown. After sitting I realized that we had found G! Over a month ago me and Elder Gundersen found a man named G. in this exact neighborhood who said he was a less-active member. However, he was running to his car at the time and didn't tell us his address... And now we had re-found him! We taught him even though he isn't young, or single. It was a cool miracle and now Elder Gundersen can work with my old Ward to help him out.
 
We also had another really cool miracle this week. We received a referral from the Inner City Elders named D. We called him and set an appointment. We sat down and started to find out more about his situation. He had been a fighter his whole life basically in downtown Baltimore. This past week he went to court and almost went to jail but was let off. He expressed his desire to change and fix his life. As we taught the Restoration of the Gospel, D. felt the peace of the Spirit. The Spirit was so strong, definitely one of the stronger feelings I've had in a lesson on my mission. As we invited D. to be baptized he said yes without hesitation. We are so excited to work with him in the future.
 
We had more miracles but I wanted to share a thought I had during conference. President Monson said something along the lines of, missionary work is a family affair. I was really struck by that. I think of all the sacrifices that you all have made while I have been on my mission and I am so grateful for all the support I have received. Thank you so much for your prayers, your letters, the financial support, and all the other sacrifices that you have all given in my behalf. I love you and appreciate each of you.
 
Well I'm sure you all will be getting back into the swing of things this week. Hope you feel spiritually re-energized!
 
Love,
Elder Greene

No comments:

Post a Comment