Monday, December 23, 2013

Merry Christmas!


Merry Christmas Greene Family!
Well I'm not sure what happened to all the months between July and November but it is actually Christmas this week. Crazy. I'm super excited though, it's going to be a great week. On Tuesday we are going to be pretty busy with members, and on Wednesday we had some stuff going on but now we have a different opportunity. The mission has asked us and 6 other Elders in our Zone to go and direct traffic at the DC temple on Christmas. So from 4:30 to 8:30pm we will be celebrating Christmas in the best way possible, doing service on the driveway of God's house! So we will need to make our call time slightly earlier. Would 1 be ok? So 11 your time? Respond quick, because if not I need to call you again today (don't get any ideas mom).
This week was super fun actually! We had our mission Christmas Devotional/Party on Friday. At 8:15 am me and Elder Hitchcock arrived to start setting up (because they use our Stake Center for all the mission activities). At 1:30 the Devotional started and at 7:00 we left to go proselyte! We were beat, hahah. But it was so fun. Dennis Pitta came again and Elder Aubrey told me his wife is from Gilbert so I was talking to her for a little bit too. She said she dated Craig Breinholt for a bit, hahah. Anyways, there was a devotional segment that was really powerful and afterwards a talent show and of course a ton of food. We had a good time. It was interesting to see how the mission has all grown in the past 4 months. I had a great time talking with Elder Green and Elder Knudsen!
The next morning we got to help a less active family move. It was fun moving stuff with them because they brought friends and when a lot of Hispanics are together they talk differently than how they talk to missionaries. So I learned a lot of new vocab, hahah. The mom in the family actually invited her brother who is really inactive and we were able to talk to him a lot during the day. So we're hoping this is the start of helping him to open up to the missionaries again (he hasn't let missionaries come over in almost a year).

Last night we had our Branch Christmas Activity and it was funny. They had me and Elder Hitchcock put on Antlers and run around like Reindeer. Everyone was laughing like crazy. I was just glad they didn't call us up to sing!
This week I went on exchanges up north in Reisterstown. We taught a bunch of people but one lesson that I thought was pretty cool was teaching this guy named "B". "B" is 91 years old and is a World War 2 Veteran! I thanked him for his service and he said, "no thank you for supporting us, we couldn't have done it without the food and ammo... well maybe thank your parents I guess." I thought to myself, I would have to thank my great grandparents, but hey no worries, hahah. We had a good Restoration lesson with him, so hopefully he continues to progress!
I love this time of year. I am so grateful for my knowledge and testimony of the Saviour Jesus Christ. I hope that you all have an amazing Christmas. I will see you and talk to you on Wednesday!
I love you all! Feliz Navidad!
Elder Greene

PS So I will be sending a package today, I probably won't wrap anything so just open it when you get it I guess, hahah.
PPS Yeah Elder Aubrey came to my area this time, so he learned some Spanish. And the sisters waited for 6 months for visas to Argentina.


Oh Christmas lamp Oh Christmas lamp how lovely are thy light bulbs!


Soy un venado de lluvia, jajaj
(I am a reindeer)

No comments:

Post a Comment