Monday, June 24, 2013

Win Hearts=Eat Food


Hey Greene Family,
 
Sorry this letter is coming a little later than usual, we helped our Ward Mission Leader move. It was 99 degrees and really humid so I got a good workout, but now there's a storm beating down. Welcome to Maryland. So yeah the PDM came. It was dumb, it just said, meter error 4, and wouldn't test my blood. So I called them up and told them my new address and they sent it to you. Then when I got the package from you I put in the batteries and turns out the Omnipod place sent me dead batteries. Poor service. But all is well, I got to develop the Christlike attribute of patience.
 
How sweet was that broadcast?? The vision of the broadcast is essentially what are mission has changed to in the past few months. Now we just need to get our branch to attend the broadcast... hahah. I really liked what was said by Elder Packer and I also loved the stories that were shared with Elder Andersen. It was funny because all the members were guessing what would be announced. Things like: new preach my gospel, shorten mission times for Elders, lengthen mission times for Sisters, etc. But yeah I guess the Internet will be adapted soon into missionary life. Not sure when it will happen for us though.
 
In other news, me and Elder Foell are moving to a new apartment because they no longer want 4 man apartments. So we picked a nicer one we're excited about. I'll take some pictures (although it probably won't be that special to you all, I think the square footage is 1/10 of the house you all are building, hahah).
 
This week we had an a traveling assistant, Elder Holmes, come out with us for a couple days. It was fun, he doesn't speak Spanish so it wasn't easy to involve him, but we made sure he got fed well. Then on Friday, Elder Holmes left and an hour or two later we exchanged with the assistants (they are in Savage Mill)  and I went with Elder Snow to speak English. It was pretty cool because they met an investigator at the temple so we got to teach him there. The Spirit is so strong at the temple and it really helps with teaching. That night we had an awesome miracle. There is a family there named the S.'s, they are from Baghdad, Iraq. The wife just got baptized and the husband has concerns, but the Elders didn't know what they were. Well we had another dinner with them (win hearts=eat food) and then a great lesson, Brother S. opened up and now he's progressing towards baptism! Pretty cool exchange!
 
We had a miracle in our own area earlier this week with the L.'s, a part member family. We always either teach the mom or a kid. Never the family. But after a lot of earning trust and eating food (same thing), we had a sweet Noche de Hogar (family home evening) with the whole family! It was a huge blessing. We talked about Amalickiah and Lehonti and how he poisoned him by degrees. They all loved it!
 
Well I should probably go so I can eat some dinner before we go out preach the word. But all is well here in Frederick! Have a great week, I appreciate your letters more than you know! I love you!
 
Elder Greene

No comments:

Post a Comment