Monday, June 3, 2013

Rescue


Greene Family!
 
Man you all were trying to get me teary eyed in the library! Hahah, I loved all your letters and I hope you know how much I love each of you. Hopefully I'll get to see that cool plaque, and game ball someday! I know how you feel with the AZ heat coming in, Maryland heat is just hitting too. It doesn't really bother me too much though, I just sweat a good amount. Also I bought some mesh garment tops so those help.
 
So this week is transfers. Elder Knudsen is leaving and going to where I was, the Baltimore YSA. He is scared to speak English but he'll do fine. I am staying and Elder Foell is coming to be a Zone Leader here! Elder Foell was a missionary in my first district and he is hilarious. (That's the nice thing about being a Zone Leader, your companion is usually pretty cool). But I will be teaching him how to be a Zone Leader. Also, they are splitting our zone because of the vast number of missionaries coming in. As far as I can tell, our Zone will be pretty young. I'll let ya know! But I'm excited for this transfer and I know it will be a real good challenge!
 
So this week we had a spaghetti dinner activity with multiple wards. We weren't planning on really having anyone there but we did our best to invite people. I was stoked when we got there on Saturday and Hermano A. was at the activity!! We had invited him but he hasn't been to any church function in years. He met a ton of members which was great. Sadly he didn't come to church because of a call-in from work. But I know we're on the right track with him. But that wasn't the end of the surprises. The night before the dinner we had a lesson with a less active named J. She has fallen off track in the past couple months. We had a super spiritual lesson with her and committed her to start reading her scriptures again. Out of nowhere, she showed up to the activity as well! It's a great feeling to see people who are struggling come back to being active.
 
We had another lesson with the C's as well. We asked C. (the father) about the Book of Mormon and the Spirit. Not only did he understand perfectly what those two things were, he already has recieved an answer that the Book of Mormon is true. They are such a great family. Sadly, a server crashed in the local hospital so C. had to fix it instead of coming to church. Bummer.
 
Well the mission is exploding! We will recieve 31 this week, 35 next transfer and 27 the transfer after that. It's a ton of fun and a lot of work. I love being a missionary in this time in history! Thanks for all you do and I hope you all have a great week!
 
-Elder Verdecito

No comments:

Post a Comment