Monday, June 17, 2013

Happy Father's Day and Birthday!


Hi,
 
Welp it's a beautiful day in Frederick. Last week we had two storm warnings but both times it ended up not being much, at least for us in Frederick. Kinda boring. But hey, better safe than living without electricity or something! So I got my A1C test, I wasn't expecting good things. But it was a 8.9, 0.3 less than last time. Progression! Hahah. So yeah, I'll keep on keeping on. To answer your question, next week is the broadcast, all missionaries are required to watch! Pretty exciting, it's like conference. I bet you they talk about REAL GROWTH.
 
So pretty cool thing were doing here in Frederick, youth conference. The youth conference here is on missionary work! So I've been able to work with stake leaders the past couple weeks to coordinate an activity they're doing on the 28th. Basically, 10 companionships will teach youth how to teach the First Vision and the Book of Mormon. Should be way fun! But I got some pressure to make sure our missionaries are in tip top teaching shape, hahah.
 
This week we had some awesome miracles. So going back two weeks, me and Elder Knudsen brought a birthday gift (pepsi, Together Forever, cookies, and tupperware) to a man who almost got baptized in February. He loved it and told us he wanted to take us to dinner one day. Well Elder Knudsen left and so I called him up this week and Elder Foell and I went to dinner at a sweet Mexican Restaurant. We didn't bring up the Gospel at all, just talked. Then he started talking about church and we started asking questions. He opened up and even got emotional. He wants to come back to Church! Then, just as we were talking about that, the missionary who was teaching him in February texted him (Elder Pitt, he's home). Boom! Spiritual assualt! We hope to work with him more this week.
 
Other miracle, we're sitting at the dinner table with an awesome family named the B's. We're about to eat when a man I somewhat recognize walks in. A week prior, a recent convert had moved out of the B's home, so an extra room was available. Also a week prior, this man (who just walked in)'s house burnt down... Yep he lived in the house that we watched burn! And now he moved from the burnt house of a less active to the nice house of super active members! (This is why we really do nothing as missionaries, we're just instruments) Anyways, he sat down and we had a wonderful conversation about God, Prophets, how he's married and has a kid, and how he doesn't drink or smoke... Yeah he doesn't stand a chance.
 
Well I'll finish this letter with some thoughts for Macey and Dad.
 
Dad: Happy Father's Day! I am so grateful I've been raised by a worthy priesthood holder who does as much as you do. I knew that before my mission but I appreciate it a hundred times more now. Thanks for everything you've taught me. Many times I've thought of your testimony on that fast Sunday before I left, as well as the many testimonies you shared in the Bishops Office during those years I was a priest. I love you Dad.
 
Macey: Happy Birthday! You're still 12 right? Just kidding, I can't believe you're 15. I felt like you grew a lot (meaning in maturity) during the time I was at college. Now you're growing even faster! But I just want you to know how you've always been an example to me, even when you were younger. You seem to have been given a lot more Christlike Attributes than most 15 year old girls. I am so grateful to have a sister like you and I hope you know how much I love you!
 
Have a great week Greene Family! Don't get sunburnt!
 
-Elder Greene



Me and Elder Foell setting up leadership training by ourselves! We have so many leaders now!


District from last transfer


I teach everyone I meet!


No comments:

Post a Comment