Monday, January 14, 2013

True Happiness=Having the Spirit

Hola!

 So I will apologize right now, sorry for the short letter. I would explain but it would just take from this letter, hahah. Anyways, I've had some amazing miracles this past week and I'd love to give you a normally sized letter that you can enjoy. Just to answer questions, E. is doing good. We've been working with her to find her answer if the Book of Mormon is true. But the biggest problem has been she hasn't been able to go to church for various reasons. But we are working with some other awesome people too. Also somehow I've never gotten sick so far, I had a small cough for two days like a week ago but I just got some cough drops, blessings yeah? Yeah, we went to a less active's house for New Year's Eve, it was good. Also they celebrate something called El Dia de Reyes which is on the 6th of January. We ate Mexican bread and looked for baby Jesus dolls, hahah. 

So first thing, yesterday we went to see this guy M. yesterday, I believe I wrote about him a little last week. He's awesome. We went to his apartment building to teach him and this lady was coming out with a cart in the front entrance, I thought I'd be nice and open the door for her. It was locked and she gave me a death stare and told me that if I knocked a single door in the complex then she would call the police on us. M. saw this as he was coming down the stairs to let us in and he told her off. Hahah, that's when I decided I might grow a mustache and move to Mexico where people are nice and believe in God. Anyways, we started talking yesterday and he was just all over it, apostasy, Joseph Smith, Book of Mormon, he understood it all. His only question was how he could know if it was all true? So naturally we talked about the Spirit and how Joseph's/Lehi's experiences are similar to his. 

So huge miracle this week. Several weeks ago we were talking with this guy R. who is Boriqua (Puerto Rican). Nice guy, has a girlfriend who has kids of her own and they're trying to make things work. We never could get a lesson with them. But one day, like two weeks ago, we find him outside arguing with his girlfriend. He had been drinking but we went over and started talking to him. Turns out R. is an alcoholic of 26 years, never has gone a day without alcohol. He had drunk 20 or so beers that morning (it was like 12pm). We started testifying of how he could change and about the atonement, and basically how he could be happy. We said a lot of bold things, which I'm sure was the Spirit. But he was hard hearted so we left. This week, we're in their block of houses just walking and we saw his girlfriend so we went to say hi. With unexpected warmth she came up and said "I don't know what you two said to R. (she speaks English and he spoke in Spanish to us when we were testifying) but he has not touched a drop of alcohol since that day you talked to him". Me and Elder Ocasio were stunned and we know that the Lord worked on him. It was such an amazing experience and we're hoping it opens the door for teaching them.

Anyways, that was just a couple miracles of the many. I hope the Greene family is doing well, sounds like you're all mostly healthy. I pray for you everyday and I know the Lord blesses you. Mom I really like that scripture about the Spirit. I have felt that principle many times in my life. I guess my only thought is that they (your new Laurels, congrats by the way) need to know that the only way to have true happiness is by having the Spirit. Galatians 5:22-23 is pretty good.

Well I love you all, have a great week!

Elder Greene

Ps How is Trevor doing? Is he at BYU? Does he have a car?



No comments:

Post a Comment