Monday, January 28, 2013

Breaking Into Apartments?

Querido Familia Greene,

How is everyone feeling? I was a bummed to hear about Dad and Jared being sick. I wish I could have been praying for them to heal this past week, but I will start today. This sickness thing is crazy, it's all over, even here in Virginia. EVERYONE we talk to has had it or has it. We just had one of our investigators, Y., go to the hospital this week for it. My companion has been sick for what seems like the whole transfer on and off. Somehow I have been amazingly blessed and I haven't ever gotten sick. I also take a vitamin C pill every morning, haha. But yeah it has been freezing here, we saw it at 16 degrees this week. It may be the coldest I've ever felt before but I've been fine. The only thing I need is more gel and maybe Cetaphil, unless you prefer I buy Cetaphil here. I can't believe it's Taggert's birthday this week! I'm writing him a letter today so if I don't write much here, don't worry. Happy Birthday Tagman!

Well this week was cold but I felt real good this week. We had leadership training this week with President Richards in Fredrick Maryland. This training was super amazing because basically it was meant to pump us up and to help us be even better missionaries. One of the things I really liked was having an attitude more like Nephi, where we won't make excuses no matter what. It's amazing how the natural man just wants to make excuses for not doing something right or not meeting a particular goal. But I really am trying to be an even more positive missionary and to try even harder to bring souls to Christ. Another reason why that meeting was great is on the way back we picked up burritos from the newly opened Cafe Rio in Fredrick. I think I almost cried a little. Me and Elder Ocasio are already planning on eating there after the doctor next week. (I can't remember if I told you that the doctor wants me to go every month, which I hope she'll change cause it's a hassle)

This week was a lot of little miracles but I wanted to share a couple cool ones with you all. The first was with Hermano R. I'm not sure what I've said about him but he is a Cuban that has no teeth so is almost impossible to understand. He lives in a run down apartment and he lives with untreated type 2 diabetes. Basically he has a rough life. But we try to visit him once a week. The only thing is the only way to get in his apartment complex is we have to call him and he has to come down and unlock it. Anyways, right now Hermano R. doesn't have a phone, so you can see the problem here. But we felt that we should go see him, so we went. We got there and tried the front door and it was unlocked! There is still a second door that is usually locked as well but that was open too. So we walked in, (which may have been illegal, but if the Lord can say to chop off people's heads then he can tell us to break into apartments). We knocked on his door finally and we woke him up from his nap, but he smiled and asked how we could of possibly gotten in, hahah. There were more miracles, like that same former Branch President and his family came to church again, then they invited us over for Sunday lunch (which was delicious). I also got to interview a 15 year old girl named L. for baptism. We also found four new investigators yesterday! So all sorts of miracles.

Well I will keep praying for you all this week, I know Heavenly Father will take care of you all. Are tryouts for Vball soon? 

Love you all,
Elder Greene



No comments:

Post a Comment