Monday, November 26, 2012

3 Thanksgiving Dinners

Hey Greene Family!

So another week has come and gone, I've said it once and I'll say it again, time doesn't make sense in the mission. Thanks for the letter mom, just to make sure I'm not missing anything, I didn't get a letter from dad. It's totally fine, I just want to make sure his letters aren't getting lost. I can't believe all those people are going on missions! I'm so excited to be a missionary at this time. We'll be receiving somewhere around a 100 missionaries these next couple months, so basically every missionary will have to train here hahah. I feel for Trevor, BYU's going to be an empty campus, hahah. Nah, he'll find someone real fast I'm sure. I'll keep Holden in my prayers, that's so hard.

So we had an awesome meeting this week, the Spanish missionary meeting basically. First one ever, but all 16 Spanish missionaries went to a meeting in Columbia, Maryland (a nice long drive, let me tell you). It was so cool! Felix, my old ward mission leader was there and he gave me a Christmas present. Elder Gill, the missionary that replaced me there in Baltimore told me that Grisel is getting baptized! (She just did yesterday I think) Grisel was a woman we found and taught while I was there but then I left! I'm so stoked for her. But anyways it was nice to be with all the other missionaries and talk about the challenges of Spanish missionaries and how to overcome them.

Thanksgiving was sweet, but I'm never eating that much food again. We ate three dinners and I was so full at the end of the day. We had 3 pies and a bit of everything for leftovers, but I must say I was missing turkey taquitos. 

So I wish I could tell you we went to the temple but Sister Arias went to the hospital last week with a UTI. She lost a bunch of blood. Keep her in your prayers, she's getting better but she's still real weak.

So we had some awesome lessons this past week! We went to Elsa's house and had a lesson about the Plan of Salvation. She saw that it made a lot more sense than everything else she's heard and she said, "Entonces, yo necesito ser bautizada." or "So, I need to be baptized." So she needs to get off work and hopefully she can come to church soon, so she can be baptized this December! Huge miracle. The other awesome miracle this week, Maria. She was a former investigator that we have been meeting with but we weren't seeing much progression so we were about to drop her. We had our last lesson and I asked her if she had read the Book of Mormon. She has 5 kids and 3 of them were yelling and going nuts (one was yelling some very bad English words) but she said yes, so I asked her if she had prayed to know if it's true. By this point I had a kid climbing on my shoulders and another yelling more bad words on the ground. She looked at me very serious and said I know that this book is true. It was the best feeling ever, even though the atmosphere was crazy. There's still a long road to baptism (she needs to get married) but we're on the right track!

Well thanks so much for all the prayers and letters. I hope Macey gets better. Love you all.

-Elder Greene

No comments:

Post a Comment