Monday, February 10, 2014

Moving Away From "Home"


Mi querida familia,
Como estan? Well I feel like I have too much to write to you all but I will try to get it a good letter going that doesn't sound scatter-brained, hahah. First off, here are my picks for where Jared is going:
Mexico
Korea
NE US
I can't wait to hear where he is going. But you all are probably more antsy than me, weeks are like days over here.
Well, I guess I better tell you where I'm going. After 7 months and almost 11,000 miles on our little Chevy Cruze, they're taking me out of the Branch. I recieved a call on Saturday night from President Richards (a little early to be called for transfers). He started to talk to me about how I'd asked to renew my temple recommend. But then he said, well it will be easy to interview you because I'm going to be seeing you a lot more, I want you to be the Spanish Traveling Assistant. Hahah, I didn't sleep good Saturday night. I'm excited though and it will be a new experience, that's for sure! I'm sure I'll have a lot to tell you next Monday. Oh and they are taking Elder Hitchcock out as well. He will be with other Elder Green and they will be the new zone leaders (in Frederick) of the recently created Spanish zone. The branch will be receiving two sisters and three Elders.
This week was awesome, a great way to finish off my time here. We were on exchanges with some English Elders when an ice rain storm swept threw Maryland. I'm not sure how it works but the rain falls as liquid and as soon as it hits something it turns to ice. I got pictures to show an example, ice storms must seem like big foot or unicorns for people living in Arizona. Anyways, my companion was up north with the other english Elder so I got to make a bunch of calls and make sure no one was in trouble. We ended up having 3 companionships without power and one of those companionships lost cell phone service. Crazy morning!
After making sure no one was dead we went to our appointment with Hermano "H". When I got here he was less active and his wife was too. Well he got in a crash and broke his shoulder and his wife took care of an older woman but the woman died. So they were both left without work. It was a hard time but they both got active again, to the point that Hermana "H" went back to Tijuana to convert her family. Well when we started talking to Hermano "H" this past week it was really cool because his daughter and granddaughter will both be getting baptized in two weeks. On top of that, Hermano's company that he works for feels bad that he hasn't been working for 5 months so they are teaching him chemistry so that he can spray all the grass on the golf course. Soon he will be making much more money than he used to be! It is amazing how God gives us challenges and it ends up blessing us.
Yesterday we told the Branch we were leaving and it was bittersweet. I love this branch like I grew up here. I will most definitely be coming back to visit sometime. We went to the "C's" last night and we were talking. Hermana "C" was asking us questions and then one of the daughters asked something. Hermana "C" cut her off and said,"shh! Estoy hablando con mis hijos!" hahah or, Shh, I'm talking to my sons! Just before we left, Hermano "C" said, "I want to thank you for all you have done for my family and for me. I am going to be baptized soon and you two played a big part in that decision." So awesome, I told him if he get baptized in the next couple months that I will be there.
I love missions. I love you all and can't wait to hear Jared's call this next week.
Elder Greene
PS So yesterday I must have eaten some bad food because I was the one throwing up this time. It was not fun I won't lie but I'm starting to feel a little better. I haven't really eaten anything since last night at like 6. I haven't thrown up since 1 last night. I'd appreciate some prayers that I can make a quick recovery before transfers.
PPS So Romney said that his mom signed him up for the gross place but then he told her to sell it and put him with me. You might want to call her again today. Romney said it will be good to broaden our social circles hahah.


Frozen Trees, Pretty Beautiful huh?


Ready for Church! Peruvian tie and Guatemalan Morral




The "S" Family


"C" Family


Pinargotes, he's the new branch president!

No comments:

Post a Comment