Monday, February 17, 2014

Back to "Home"

Happy President's Day Greene Family,

Normally I wouldn't be able to e-mail you today but now I am in the mission office on Monday mornings so I won't ever really miss a Monday! Hahah. I'm so pumped about Jared's call! It's going to be so much fun to speak Spanish together. Except I need to maintain it after the mission, hahah. Also, I'm feeling a lot better. Last Monday I only ate Saltines and water and I lost like 7 lbs. But the next day I felt better and a member surprised me by making us pork fat and cactus as a going away meal. So my stomach got pushed to recovery real quick! Thanks for the prayers, I felt them.

So yeah this week has been a blur of craziness. So to explain better, there are two assistants who have an area in Savage Mill/Laurel, Elder Steed and Elder Shaw. They handle more of the office stuff and zone conferences. Then there is me and my companion, Elder Despain, who I flew out with. We're all great friends and we all live together. Basically Elder Despain and I have a meeting with President and we decide where we will go for the week, then on Sundays we come back to Savage Mill and eat dinner with President and his family. Then on Monday we start it over again. It keeps you on your toes and I love it! Most of the time I will work with Spanish missionaries, but occasionally with English as well. The weirdest part about it is not having an area. I knelt down on Wednesday night to say my prayer before bed but then I stopped and asked Elder Despain,"Wait! Who do I pray for then??" Hahah, kinda joking, but it's different, let me tell ya.

So yeah the first night as an assistant it snowed like crazy! We were in Savage Mill and there was about 14 inches of snow when we woke up. So we basically worked all day shoveling and getting rid of snow around cars in the neighborhood, because we couldn't drive and do an exchange. We met a bunch of cool people from doing service and hopefully the other assistants can teach them this week!

After the snow calmed a bit, we were given the assignment to work with the brand new Columbia 3 Spanish Sisters. They are both new sisters to the mission (thankfully they know Spanish) and they had no idea on how to get anywhere. So, me knowing a thing or two about Columbia 3, were assigned to be their tour guides. Well they didn't have any plans because they didn't know anything so we all got in the car and I started taking them to everyone I knew, hahah. A lot of the members were really excited to see Sisters. (and me of course, hahah) I got to eat dinner with Marcos and visit the "C's" as well as visit with the "F's" and "N's" (just to name some). The Sisters seemed less deer in the headlights after all was said and done, which was good. During that time we slept at the Elders apartment (the one I just barely moved out of) and 1 Elder would come with us each day. On Sunday we went to an english ward because President said if I went to the branch I would hog too much attention, hahah.

This week should be tons of fun and I woke up this morning with a ton of energy because I just want to go out and work! I love being a missionary. Thanks for all the support and letters, I hope you all have a great week!

Elder Greene

Let me know about the BYU apartment situation. Hopefully I have a room this week hahah.

Here is where I "live", you can send packages/letters here and I will open them on Sundays most likely. Also we could be moving in a month or so, so I'll let you know.
9170 Hitching Post Ln #K
Laurel, MD 20723

No comments:

Post a Comment