Monday, September 16, 2013

The 3 W's


Good morning Greene Family!
 Well this week was just a big long blessing from Heavenly Father. I received my new PDM on Tuesday, the pods are sweet! We moved on Tuesday, which also happened to be the hottest and most humid day of this past week. It was fun experience, we moved from 1:30 to 5:55, ate a bowl of cereal in 10 minutes and left to work without organizing a thing. But the apartment is awesome, and it even has a gym with treadmills, machines and weights. (PS, I was a little off on the address, it's 10312 Hickory Ridge rd. Apt 226.) Test strips came to the old apartment and we picked them up. Tender mercies all around. Glad to hear everyone is having fun at school, volleyball, work and golf trips. Elder Green is a really good golfer and me and him practice our chipping on the carpet of our apartment. If it weren't raining today we would have gone to the driving range today!
As you know I was struggling with my health last week. I had a blessing of comfort last Sunday morning and a blessing of health on Tuesday I believe. I prayed a good amount too. After making a couple adjustments with diet and insulin, I had an average blood sugar of 129 this week. I think I may have figured it out. The only thing that hasn't worked out is that the doctor's office that was recommended didn't have availability until January... But Sister Richards told me to call again (see bottom of letter). All in all, I am extremely grateful for the challenges I've had on my mission. They have helped grow and learn important things about myself and about the Plan of Salvation. And yes, Heavenly Father is definitely looking out for me!
I went to leadership training this week and started talking to Elder Knudsen, who is serving in the BYSA. Turns out that "D", one of the recent converts that I was close to over there, has decided to serve a mission!! I was so pumped to hear that! It is truly amazing how the teachings of the Gospel and the Spirit changes lives.
This week was maybe one of the greatest highs of my mission so far. There were a lot of amazing miracles. One of them was with M.E. She was a member referral from our Hno R, and last Monday we had our second appointment with her. We went to her house with Hermano and Hermana S. At first, M.E. was pretty stand offish, almost a different person from the first time we taught her. I just prayed in my heart the whole time that this lesson would help her. The S family did amazing at loving her and we started into the Restoration. After 10 or 15 minutes she was feeling the Spirit and even admitted that she has always felt a peace when the missionaries come (she's been taught before, like 4 years ago). By the end she was a lot nicer and the lesson went well. We have another appointment tonight at the S's home!
There is a less active family in our Branch who we have been working with for a while now. Only the mom has come to church so far. Her kids' attitudes range from interested to don't talk to me. We also have gotten to know the mom's non member boyfriend, "D". Anyways, last Saturday we went over to this family's house. Their son, "A", who is more on the "don't talk to me" side of the scale, came down to eat. We started talking to him about his interests and all of a sudden he was sitting down chatting with us about boxing and high school. He's really a cool kid. He left after a half hour and that was fine because then "D" walks in. This was the first time that "D" would let us talk to him about our message. (Usually "D" just likes to talk to us about everything not the gospel because it amazed him how we speak Spanish, hahah, but now that were good friends, he wants to listen.) So we shared about the Spirit and families. And he felt it, big time. I asked him how he felt and he said, "I feel very peaceful, I haven't felt like this in a long time. You all need to come over more often." I think Hna "C" (the mom) just about died with excitement. The Spirit is an amazing thing. To further show how the Spirit changes hearts, the next morning we talked to J.R. He said,"Hey I got a text from "A" last night and he wants a ride to seminary." What time did he send that text? Appoximately 5 or 10 minutes after he talked to us about boxing and high school. I love being a missionary.
I'm quite honestly just loving life! I got a cold but hey, one of my goals is to learn how to be learn how to not be affected by the 3 W's, wearied, worried, or whining. (It's in a President Uchtdorf talk) So really, God just loves me enough to give me a cold so I can practice!
Hope you all have a great week!
Con amor y buen animo,
Elder Greene


PS I got to leadership meeting and there were two more PDMs there that were sent to old apartments. I don't know if we were charged for them or not? If not, I'm going to keep them for backup.


After the Big Move, we were sweating real good!


No comments:

Post a Comment