Monday, August 26, 2013

Power of Prayer


Well every week is an adventure with the Greene family! It sounds like a lot is going on! Taggert way to go on being libero buddy! You'll pass like a libero when you are a 6' 4'' middle! Hahah. Jared, way to go on earning the Pippin Jersey, that's always a prestigious honor. (Now you just got to send me the deets). Sounds like it will be a fun year for them in BYU. Phyl sent me a letter, his story is pretty amazing. He will be an awesome missionary at home. So yeah my pods haven't come yet so hopefully today yeah? 

So I wanted to start my letter this week with something different, my testimony. I want you all to know that I know that this is God's work. It's not member work, it's not missionary work, it's God's work. We really don't do anything, we just get the blessing of watching the miracles happen. I know that if we turn to our Heavenly Father that he will guide us and help us. Like your scripture said mom, I know that we belong to the Church of Jesus Christ, and that we preach his Gospel, in its fullness. I know that my Savior lives and that he gave his life for each and every one of us.

We had a lot of miracles this week (I'm sure I say that every week) but here are two stories. Elder Green went on an exchange, but he accidentaly took our phone. Now back in the old days, phones weren't a part of missionary work. But now, if you don't have a phone you are crippled big time. So we borrowed the Hermanas' phone and set a meeting place. Well, when we got to the meeting place we didn't see the other Elders. We didn't have a phone to call them either. So we waited for 15 minutes or so. By this time we were wondering if we were even in the right place, so we went to a different spot. They weren't there either. So Elder Dutson asked, Elder Greene can we say a prayer? So we did and as soon as we finished and opened our eyes the other Elders came rolling up! It was a pretty humbling experience!

Several days later we came home to the apartment after a good day of working. We stuck the key in to unlock the door and it wouldn't unlock! We tried for 15 minutes but nothing. (We once had a similar experience but we were on the other side of the door so I just took apart the whole lock...). So we were making calls and trying to figure out what to do (we ruled out climbing and breaking down the door). We didn't want to sleep in the car and more importantly my pod happened to expire that night so I would be insulinless. So this time I asked if we could say a prayer. We did and then we tried again. After another 3 minutes or so it unlocked! I was really grateful, the power of prayer is amazing.

So on top of those miracles we had an amazing week at church too! 13 less actives came to church this Sunday, including two families we have been working with! One of these families, the "E's", came for the second time in a row this week. They hadn't been coming to church for years until Hermano "E" got laid off and their family had/has some difficult trials. I feel for them and we are doing our best to help them, but I also know that this family was given a trial so that they could come unto God. It's truly amazing how we as missionaries can visit a family every week and that family can make zero progress until Heavenly Father decides it is time.

Our investigator Hermano "C" is praying about a baptismal date! I would appreciate it if you kept him in your prayers. His daughters just got reactivated and his wife is getting really close to being reactivated. They are an amazing family!

Well I love you all! I hope you all have fun with your various activities (BYU, high school, volleyball, callings, etc.) Have a great week!

-Elder Greene

P.S. Just send the 2 Gels with the pants. And by the way it's the Louis Raphael Tailored pants I believe. Also you  promised some photos too, feel free to send them in e-mail too.

Family night at the Green(e)'s (we watched Together Forever before bed

If I wasn't good at eating spicy food before my mission, I am now.  This is me after eating a Habanero last night.  I also ate the other half of Elder Dutson's because he was dying!

No comments:

Post a Comment