Monday, December 17, 2012

Singing a Solo

La Familia Verde!

So thanks for all the letters! It's so nice to hear from everyone, I love hearing about volleyball. Also I really can't believe how close we are to Christmas. We walked past a house that said 10 days til Christmas and I did a double take cause I didn't believe it! It's like dad said, life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you might miss it.

So this week was an interesting one, transfers are today. We had an Elder, Elder Mace, in our apartment and he's leaving so that was weird to watch a missionary "die". Also we got callouts last night at 9:30 so it's been crazy just waiting to know who stays and goes. Ends up that me and Elder Ocasio will be here another transfer together! So I get to be with Elder Ocasio his last transfer actually. It will be great and we're already setting all sorts of goals. One is with the whole apartment. We're going on a diet. We're going to eat a ton today but after today our goal is to get Elder Ocasio looking good for his arrival in Puerto Rico, Hahah. But anyways, transfer meeting is tonight along with the mission Christmas party so it should be a blast. Even though my trainer goes home! Elder Rose!

Speaking of Christmas parties, we just had one recently in one of the other wards we translate for. And though this story may sound more like a lie than Elder Ward's "saving a girl from a tornado" story, it's true. Us 4 Elders in the apartment sang a song for the party, and I sang a solo in Spanish. Yep it was terrible, but people liked it cause it was Spanish. Hahah, but it really reaffirmed how bad I am at singing.

So we had an awesome week actually. Elsa came to church with her kid Julian, who I call Russell cause he looked like the kid from Up. She liked it a lot. Also we found a ton of cool people this week! One was Yadira, she's so solid. She understood the Restoration better than almost any other investigator I've met! 

Another couple we found is Lazaro and Raquel. It was a miracle just finding them but then we go in and they have artwork on their walls from Mormon artists! And one of the paintings is on the Restoration pamphlet! We started teaching them and they told us they knew all of these Spanish members in our wards! It was just coincidence after coincidence. Which is to say, not coincidences but blessings from Heavenly Father. 

Welp I gotta tell you. I just love being a missionary, there isn't anything better. It's hard, but it's so much fun. There are some nights I'm so tired but I just can't fall asleep cause I'm just so excited about things that are going on in the area. I am so grateful for you guys and for your letters!

Elder Greene

So I will say plan on 3 o clock for Skype for now, but it's subject to change. Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment