Monday, September 24, 2012

What Are You?


La Familia Verde,
 
Well thanks for all the letters but at the same time, what the heck?? Hahah. I can easily take that you guys are going on a trip without me, and that Dad has a sweet new phone, but we're moving?? (we technically aren't moving yet, we bought a lot, some dirt, in our same ward boundaries!) I can't believe it. But I'm glad everyone is doing good, and I'm way pumped that Jared is playing Libero now! I got the (volleyball) missionary newsletter mom, thanks a bunch! But yeah I'm still kinda shocked we're moving...
 
Anyways, those things aren't that important right now. I'll try to answer some questions first. So three pairs of missionaries go to my little branch here in Baltimore. Also we do our laundry in our house, so that's sweet. Mom your comment about Trevor and how we have the same problems made me laugh. You don't know the half of it! Our old Elder's quorum president went to jail this week cause he got in a car accident. (I think I remember one of Elder Ward's investigators going to jail or something). I can't believe that he gets home soon! (Zach's cousin comes home from Nicaragua on October 6!)
 
So one awesome thing we had happen this week was that Luz accepted a baptism date! We are so pumped, even though there are still a lot more things we need to overcome. (Divorce, Marriage, Law of Chastity). But hey, we got Heavenly Father on our side!
 
The other cool thing we had going on this week was a lesson with an investigator named Rina. She has a son who is deaf and so that has been a real challenge in teaching their family. But this week we finally had some Elders from DC North come up who know sign language and we had a real amazing lesson. We had Rina speaking Spanish to us, us speaking English to the other Elders, and then they spoke sign language to her son, Eduardo. (and vice versa) It took a little more time than the average lesson but it was one of the best experiences I've had in my mission so far. The Spirit was so strong and we really helped this family start working out some problems and help them on the road to Jesus Christ. I can't wait to do it again this week.
 
Alright I'll end with a laugh. We met a black dude named Lut this week. He told us lots of great stuff about the Bible (most of which I wouldn't agree with) but he was one of the funniest people I've ever met. Here's a summary of a quote for ya. "Yeah I got a bunch of friends, Crips, Bloods, you name it. But they's all into what everyone else is into. Right now a bunch of em have come to me and said yeah I'm a muslim now. (for anyone who has been to Baltimore, this is very true, all the black people say they're Muslim but then they'll quote the Bible). But then I ask them, Just last week you were a Crip and now you're a Muslim?? What are you, a Crip Muslim?" Hahah, he was hilarious.
 
Things are great here in Baltimore! Mom I'm not sure I got the info for the Doctor. Maybe resend it... Love you guys!

-Elder Greene

PS Just so you know, President Richards made a rule that we can only listen to Classical and MOTAB so I might send you some contraband eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment