Monday, August 13, 2012

God Looks Out For His Children

Hey!

Well another week come and gone! I can't believe I've been here a month! This week was filled with all kinds of good stuff (and miracles of course!) I heard that Mexico won gold in soccer, a lot of our members were pretty pumped about it. Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad! Thanks so much for all that you've taught me and continue to teach me. Your quotes and scriptures are always great.

To answer your question Dad, the weather here can be humid and hot sometimes. I'd say the weather isn't as bad as AZ though, even though you sweat more here. This week we had a crazy storm that soaked just about everything I own (except my scriptures, thankfully).

Here's some good stories from this week. This week we were walking towards an investigators house and this kid was sitting on his steps of a house on the way. He saw us and immediately asked us for our autographs. We we're pumped so we pulled out a Mormon.org card and signed it. His name is Nick and he's like 7. On our way to the Orioles game me and Elder Rose sat in the back of the bus. (the bus is the
best) And sitting back there was a guy who was definitly on drugs (he was slipping in and out of conciousness) and had tons of tats. I wanted to talk to him cause it seemed like the missionary thing to do. So I started up a conversation and he spouted on about how he was in prison for 7 years, how he got stabbed and was on life support for 6 months (he showed me all his scars by taking his shirt off on the bus), he's a heroin addict, and then proceeded to tell me that he was
a democrat. I gave him a mormon.org card.  Being a missionary is the best.

Just so you know the Orioles game was soo sweet!! We had 11 non-members there with us! We ended up killing the Royals but here was the coolest part. Manny Machado is a new player on the Orioles, he had two home runs right next to us! The same guy caught both of them! You need to look on YouTube and see if you can see me and Elder Rose when
this guy catches the home runs!

We did tons of service this week. Hermano Calderone is the Elder's Quorum president and needed help tearing down walls in his house. It was so much fun to just destroy stuff! I also got to translate for a guy named Charles this week, it was hard but I think I did an ok job! Then we translated for another Hermana who got in an accident earlier in the year and need help with forms. Then this same Hermana talked to
her non-member neighbor who had a heart problem recently and we went over there to give her a blessing.  It was a lot of work but it felt good to serve our members!

We had some amazing miracles this week too. One day us four elders were leaving to go to the bus stop, one Elder had a letter he needed to mail so we went in a different route. We got to the mailbox and there was a member who says she needs Elder Rose to call 911, not ten seconds before we got there she had started bleeding real bad. She had a miscarriage. We called 911 and she was taken to the hospital.She lost a ton of blood and the baby but she ended up being ok. We are practically the only people she knows who are completely bilingual and it just so happens that we cross paths when she was in trouble. God looks out for his children, let me tell ya!

This week we set up an appointment with Rosa whom we haven't seen in a while. She was on her steps when we got there and she had her Book of Mormon. She proceeded to try and give it back and tell us she just wasn't interested. Elder Rose talked with her for a while and showed her how the Book of Mormon testifies of the same truths that the Bible
does. (I didn't say much, Spanish on the fly is hard still) But at the end, Rosa decided she needed to read more of the Book of Mormon. It was a miraculous change of heart. The Spirit is amazing!

I gotta go, but I love you guys!

-Elder Greene

PS Is Alex still in Alabama?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment