Monday, October 21, 2013

Conference Isn't Over, Just Begun


Hey Greene Family!
Sounds like everyone had a busy week! Me too, but that is always a good thing. Yeah Robby's picture could have been from before his mission, hahah, but it's good to hear he is doing well. Hearing about your friends coming home kinda of hits you like, oh yeah, missionaries go home... Hahah. Anyways, sorry you all lost the Championship (Jared, Collin and Trevor)(BYU intramural volleyball), maybe in like two and a half years we could all play on a team and win (Trevor would have to go to law school or something) hahah.
Anyways, it's been a great week. I started the week by going on an exchange on Tuesday. We had some really cool experiences. They found a Jewish man named "A" two weeks ago and since then he has been to church, watched all sessions of General Conference and read parts of the Book of Mormon. He then started praying in the name of Jesus Christ and even said that he now believes in Him. He is an awesome guy and we had the chance to teach him while I was there.
We have been working with a less active family, the "N's", since we got here. They have come to church one time but other than that, no real progress sadly. So this past week we decided to teach them about faith and instead of inviting them to come to church, helping them to do other, smaller commitments. So we went and as we talked about faith/progress the Spirit was really strong. At the end we asked, what is one thing you as a family can do to increase your faith? The youngest girl (she's like 4) said "Go to church!" (Correct "N", 10 points for you) but the other daughter said, "Read our scriptures." We talked about that and the family set a goal to read as a family every night this week! It was a sweet experience and we hope that doing the small things will help them to do the bigger things.
I've been looking over my General Conference notes as well and I'm really excited to read the Ensign with all the talks. Thanks for the quotes and thoughts that you both have sent. One thought I wanted to share came from our Stake President in a meeting we had with him yesterday morning. He said,"General Conference isn't over, General Conference has just begun." How true that is! I've found, especially on my mission, that the 6 months after a session of conference is filled with opportunities to learn from those talks.
Me and Elder Green were given a bag of Masa and we have been making tortillas, pupusas and arepas, it's been pretty fun. I will make you all some delicious Spanish food one day. Also, I make a mean habanero chicken, hahah.

Well time moves scary fast. This weekend they announced a trunk or treat and I thought I heard wrong at first. I didn't realize that October is almost over. I guess I should of noticed seeing as all the leaves are changing colors and I'm always cold (it's only like 55 but I'm a wuss). I asked Elder Green when we could wear coats (he's from Bountiful) and he said December... I guess I will have to man up. Anyways, I am glad you all are doing well and I hope you all have a great week!
Love,
Elder Greene
PS To answer two questions a little late, my A1C came in at 8.0, so better, but I'll keep working on it. And my shoe size in Nikes are 11.5, i didn't know so I had to look in my shoes. Oh, and my shirts are doing great, Stafford is boss.
PPS We were in a lesson last night and it was going really well. Our phone started vibrating so I glanced at it real quick and it said President Richards. I didn't answer it because we were in the middle of the lesson but the rest of the lesson I was thinking,"alright either something happened in the Zone, or one of our family members is dead." Hahah, maybe not that extreme but I was just a little anxious. We got out and we listen to the voicemail and it's Elder Rose (my trainer) visiting the mission. It was a bummer I didn't get to talk to him but it was a cool voicemail!

No comments:

Post a Comment